Sunday, November 25, 2012

How To: Nail Foils

Welcome back lovely readers!

I am really excited about this post because it is my first nail tutorial.  It's very simple.  It's just about how to use nail foils, and I have a lot of new foils.  Here.  I'll show you.
The peach and aqua containers are not foils so get those out of your mind.  They are FLAKIES!  I will be using those in the near future, but for now...FOILS!  If you're ready for this, keep reading.

[Oh and one more thing.  I have a small disclaimer.  This is my very first time doing nail foils, but I am so excited that I ordered them that I wanted to share them with you all anyway.]


STEP 1:  Start with clean, dry nails.  If you are applying the foil to the entire nail, there is no need to pre-paint your nails. (no photo of naked nails included.)
STEP 2:  Paint a thin, even coat of nail foil adhesive (included in my order) to each nail.  It will apply milky at first and then get clear when it dries.  DO NOT touch the adhesive once it is dry and make sure it is completely dry by waiting at least 1-2 full minutes before application.

STEP 3:  Cut off a small piece of foil (enough to fit on your full nail).  I chose Red Diamond, and that little piece missing got stuck to the glue on my nail when I dropped it.  I couldn't stop it.
STEP 4:  Apply the foil directly to the nail.  Press and rub firmly to transfer the design.  It happens very quickly so there is no need to hold it down.  Just make sure you stick it where you really want it.  That's what she said!  LOL!  I've been watching The Office way too much lately.
Voila!!  Yeah they look like crap.  LOL!   Like I said this was my very first try EVER, so I tried again.
Voila!!  Much better.  And here we are at STEP 5:  Gently apply a top coat and then you're done.  Don't use a quick dry top coat like Seche Vite because it will ruin the foil.  I used Gelous for my top coat and had no problems.  The foil will wrinkle a bit, but as the top coat dries the wrinkles with smooth out.

So I'm totally in love with the nail foils, I guess because nail strips are such a hot mess for me.  These took very little time and were super easy to apply...maybe 5 minutes tops.  Oh and the best part was that it was super affordable.  I ordered all of the supplies from Dollar Nail Art.  Every individual item on the site is literally $1.00.  You can buy packs of items for a good price too.  There is one tiny downside, and that's that the minimum order amount is $25.00 and that's not including shipping.  ):  The upside to that is that you get a crap load of goodies!  (:
Told ya.

Have a great day!
D

4 comments:

  1. They're so pretty! I think it's about time I order some foils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for sure. definitely go to this website so you don't spend a fortune.

      Delete
  2. Awesome!!! I also ordered a lot from them. I really need to start using some... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah you should. they are so awesome. i can't wait to get more.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...