Saturday, December 29, 2012

OPI Liquid Sand Collection

Alright so this was the exciting post I've been waiting to show you.  I didn't get to it yesterday like I wanted because I wasn't quite ready, but now I am.  I think I've chosen the best photos of these beauties so you tell me.  Are these good enough to make you drool?  I can't stop staring or touching my nails.

The Impossible is a bright, punchy pink jelly filled with pink glitter.  Unfortunately for this one, I didn't wait until it was completely dry before I took a photo.  It is definitely more matte just like the others.  On a positive note, I love the stars!  Is there another OPI polish with stars in it.  I did have to fish them out, but whatever.  Oh and I really thought this would be my favorite, but it's not.  You'll see which one is.  Here I used 3 coats.

Can't Let Go is one of my favorite shades of purple.  It's a lilac jelly filled with lilac glitter, and I think I actually have a semi-dupe of this one that I got at Forever 21.  HERE is the post.  The only difference is the glitter is larger and it's in a clear base.  Also it finishes shiny and not sandy.  Interesting.  This was a very easy 2 coats.

Get Your Number is amazing.  The color is so bright and the bits of holo glitter really make it special.  If it were just plain blue (or shall I say cerulean) it would be blah.  This is also a jelly formula that covered well in 3 coats.

Ok so if I had to choose, I think Stay the Night would be my favorite of the four.  The photo even shows it with a little shine and that's not how it looked in real life.  It dried super matte and the black actually looks a little grey which I love.  STN is scattered with raspberry colored glitter and the best part about it is that when the polish dries, the only thing that shines and sparkles is the glitter.  I mean it's not something anyone could capture in a photo.  You'd have to see if for yourself.  That means go buy it in case you didn't get the hint.

My honest opinion of these polishes is that they are amazing.  I'm a sucker for nail trends like this.  I fell in love with shatters/crackles (and I still am) and I'm even more in love with these.  I love the colors, the texture, and the removal was a breeze.  I used the foil method, but I am assuming that a glue base coat will work just as well.  These really do feel and look like wet sand and I can't wait to wear them again and again.

I love, love, LOVE this collection and I really hope that OPI comes out with more liquid sand polishes.  I am curious to see what they could come up with.  I am also looking out for the Zoya Pixie Dust collection which looks amazing and won't be released until March 2013 (right?).  If they bump the date up, can someone let me know?  They are much different than the OPIs (color wise) which means that I can have them ALL!!!

Let me know what you think of these.  Have you bought any or can you even stand them?  I look forward to all your comments.
D

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...