Monday, September 16, 2013

31DC2013 - Tribal


So I've been saying for the past couple days how I don't know how to do this, I don't like that...blah blah blah!  Well this was another that I didn't think would work out since I've only ever done one tribal mani before but THESE. ARE. AMAZING!
I chose to do tribal in the form of Ikat print which I love.  I wanted it to be sort of a Southwestern feel with the colors so I used Sinful Colors Luminary for the sparkly, peachy coral base and Zoya Malia for the purple accent.  I should have probably went with a turquoise but I really liked the color combination like this.
This technique was much easier than I expected and fast.  I used a white creme to sloppily apply the diamond shape to all my nails.  I added random spots over the white with Malia.  Then I took a nail art brush and used super small brushstrokes with black to finish off the Ikat look.  And that was it.
I really, really love this mani and I don't ever want to take it off.  On my opposite hand I did the same mani but with opposite colors.  So a purple base and coral Ikat.  I just love it and can't wait to show it off more.  (:

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors you used for this! Initially, I was a bit skeptical of doing this design too, but seeing how awesome yours turned out makes me want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should it was so easy. and if you get a bit sloppy with it, no one will be the wiser. i mean can you tell on mine?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...