Thursday, October 3, 2013

Darling Diva Erotic City and Wild Child

Just as promised I have swatches of the other two Darling Diva polishes that I received from the maker Carrie.  Can you believe I had to swatch them twice?  The first time I forgot to hold the bottle.  I know that seems minor but I like my photos to be consistent so, of course, that did not stand.  lol  I think my other swatches were better but it's kinda hard NOT to make polish look good when it's just as gorgeous on it's own.  So true!
First up is Erotic City.  You may remember this from my 31DC2013 post for galaxy nails where I used it as my base.  I think it looks like a galaxy even without all of the nail art on top.  Erotic City is a deep purple jelly base filled with holo micro glitter and blue opalescent hexagonal glitters.  When I first put it on, it looked like clear glitter, as if the color had bleed.  I was really sad about it until I put my hand closer to the light and that's when the blue really shined so definitely no bleeding.  I know you can see every inch of it in these photos.  I used three coats just to get rid of my VNL and the formula was a bit thick but very manageable.  
Next is my second favorite out of the four I received, Wild Child.  I mean how can you not love a rainbow glitter polish?  The base is clear but I chose to layer two coats over a grey (Julep Meryl) because I always love the contrast between neutral and neon.  The base on Wild Child is clear and there are so many different glitters in here like large pink hexes, medium blue hexes, small green hexes and squares, small pink squares, and then pink and green tiny glitter.  There is definitely a good distribution of the larger glitters so you don't have to fish them out too many times.  I think out of the two coats on each nail I only had to fish out one of them.  All the glitter seems to lay flat to my nail except the large ones but I do have pretty curved nails.  On my thumb and people with wider nails there would be no problem.

I really think these are amazing.  Carrie is such a lamb for sending these to me.  If you like what you see you can purchase them from Darling Diva's Etsy Store for just $9.00.  She also has a new collection so don't forget to check it out.  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...