Saturday, May 3, 2014

Orly Retro Red

OMG!  Who is this invading your feed?  IT'S MEEEEEE!!  I have been M.I.A. for awhile and I really needed it.  I needed to focus on all other aspects of my life because I really was getting lost in blogging and overwhelmed with it and everything else life was throwing at me.  But I have been slowly collecting nail photos (when I actually feel like painting my nails) and I just sat down today to edit and watermark them.  It's not very many but I am excited about them.  I received some lovely nail mail from a friend, Jen from My Nail Polish Obsession, a while ago with two lemmings and today I have for you.
This is Orly Retro Red from the Plastix collection.  When I first started blogging I saw these on someone's blog and just about died.  I had to have them and now!  BUT they were already difficult to find anywhere.  Then I went on a lovely polish shopping trip with Ashley from Smashley Sparkles and saw all four of them in a small nail supply.  I had to pass them up though as I had already spent WAY too much money.  lol.  Haven't we all been in that situation?  Well anyway over time, Jen has managed to find all four for me and sent me the best surprise nail mail.  I love her! ♥

So for the swatches I only needed two coats and it dries so fast.  The finish is, of course, like plastic.  Not entirely matte but with just a bit of a sheen.  I assume they are like the Illamasqua Rubbers?  I don't know because I don't own any Illas at all.  I've only posted one of the other Orly Plastix not too long ago.  You can view Old School Orange HERE.

6 comments:

  1. I miss our polish shopping trips!!! There are no nail supply stores here in Stockholm, wahhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what?! at all?! that's sad. well i haven't been since you left if that makes you feel better. it's too difficult to get over there in the middle of the week and saturday they are closed. ):

      Delete
  2. Beautiful swatch! Surprise nail mail is the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure it and jen from my nail polish obsession is always so good to me. i just wish i could return the favor as generously as she does.

      Delete
  3. Your mani & photos are amazing! Your thorough review makes me want this for my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think you need it for sure. talk to jen t. lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...